Last week I've reported my bank an issue in their mobile app. And asked to provide a reply via email address. Few days after I've got an email, below are the steps I had to take in order to actually read their reply:
- I opened the email, it said that the reply is provided as an encrypted email in a second email message. The first email also had a pdf manual attachment explaining how to open an encrypted email (sic!).
- I scrolled down to the second email message and found it has some kind of an attachment (probably the encrypted email reply) and a link to read it.
- After clicking the link I had to set up some sort of an account in a system allowing to read encrypted emails in a browser (sic!).
- Then I've seen a content of an encrypted email, saying that the reply itself is attached as a pdf document.
- I opened the pdf attachment and found out it's just saying 'sorry for the bug, you can do this in an office'.
OMG, that was sick!